SwirlPool Tremolo/Vibrato Pedal
The new SwirlPool Tremolo/Vibe pedal is Amptweaker’s first dive into non-distortion pedals, and was the most commonly requested pedal by consumers on Amptweaker’s website. Reminiscent of the synchronized Tremolo and Vibrato circuits common in some vintage 60’s amplifiers, this analog pedal can duplicate many different types of modulation tones....as well as invent a few new ones.
The two footswitch buttons provide bypass and speed control, allowing the user to switch between two different Speed and Vibe settings while sharing a common Tremolo control. If a Vibe knob is turned down, then the sound will be only tremolo, and can be tweaked from smooth to 'Jerky'....but as the Vibe is added, the resulting combination can provide a subtle vocal quality or a dramatic pitch shift.
Other switches help you really fine-tune the vibrato in the pedal.....one called Surf that adjusts the vibe’s tone to a more dramatic 'swimmy' vibrato, 2 switches that slide the phase between the Tremolo and Vibe LFOs, and even a switch to turn on ramping between speeds. By using these in various combinations(see the Suggested Settings Below), it’s easy to get many different tremolo, vibe, and rotary speaker tones made famous in the 60’s and 70’s which are still commonly used today. There’s even a master volume control so you can easily balance or boost the volume compared to when bypassed.
After January NAMM 2012, we had so many players asking if they could 'use it as a separate Vibe and Tremolo in one pedal', so a last minute change was necessary. Inside the battery compartment, a switch was added that allows the user to disable the tremolo for Speed 2. This way, Speed 1 is a Tremolo(its Vibe control can still be blended in if preferred), and Speed 2 operates as a Vibe only. Additionally, the ramp switch was further modified to allow ramping between the Vibe 1 and 2 settings, along with ramping between the Speeds 1 and 2. This allows for a much smoother transition when set differently, and you can even do things like turn Vibe 1 down fully with Vibe 2 up, and the Vibe effect disappears slowly as the speed changes......really cool effect.
Amptweaker’s standard effects loop with Pre/Post options is also included on the back, which makes it easy to add distortion, delay, eq or other effects to build your own special swirly tone. There's also a 2nd loop, that allows you to add a pre-effect when Speed 2 is active....so you could use Speed 2 as a boost, or put additional modulation effects in for really wild ride! Other standard Amptweaker features include the LED side-illumination of controls, 14 gauge steel housing with magnetic battery access, and true bypass switching.
- True Bypass switch
- Dual Speed switch
- Tremolo & Volume Controls
- Dual Vibe & Speed Controls
- Tremolo 'Jerky' switch
- 2 Sync switches slide LFOs between Tremolo/Vibe.
- Surf Switch for deeper, phas-ey vibe tones
- Ramp switch for rotary speaker slow speed changes
- Tremolo Defeat Switch for Speed 2
- EFX Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Ftsw
- 2nd EFX loop that works when Speed 2 is active
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Works with 2-9V batteries or 18VDC supply (supply recommended, battery life limited) WON'T WORK WITH 9V supply.
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- 43mA current consumption(batteries)
- 62mA current consumption(18V power supply)
- Dimensions 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
- Handmade in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Suggested Settings Document